1 minute read
For sure, playing sports is a generally a fantastic way to improve your fitness and health. Many of us may not feel at home pounding away on a treadmill or working up a sweat in the gym, but we’ll happily chase a ball around endlessly while playing a game of some sort.
For most people, taking part in sport will improve your general health and wellbeing. There are plenty of reasons why you should become involved in sport with reduced body fat, bone strengthening, improved stamina and flexibility being some of the reasons why you should take up a sport.
The following are just some of the many health and fitness benefits of starting out in a new sport which we hope will apply to whatever sport you opt for:
- Playing sports helps reduce body fat or controls your body weight.
- Sports allow you will gain the satisfaction of developing your fitness and skills.
- Sports can help you fight depression and anxiety.
- Sports allows you to challenge yourself and set goals.
- Playing sports helps strengthen bones.
- Sports help aid coordination, balance and flexibility.
- Many sports can help improves stamina and concentration.
- Sports allow you to experience the highs and lows of both winning and losing!
- Through sports you will meet people with a similar interest to yourself and are likely to gain many new friends.
- Sports are a great way for families to get exercise together.
- If you are sporty then you are more likely to have a healthy lifestyle.
If you are tempted to take up a new sport why not check out our sports section and find a sport to suit you.